Skip to main content

Chit Chat with Dad

I remember a sitcom " How I Met your Mother" on Star World, the episode where Marshall's father was dead, and Marshall was trying to remember his father's last word before he died. The movie described how the relationship between father and son was very close. Every time there's a good news, Marshall always called his father to tell him directly.

When I watched it, I also trying to remember which conversation with my father that I would remember forever and will be a guidance for me to live in my life. And I can't remember anything. I remember that I had only three deep meaningful conversations with my father in my life. First, when I just graduated from junior high school and I couldn't continue to my favorite school because my father told me this school was too faraway from home. Second, when I had an older boyfriend in high school and my father told me to think about it, and third in my university years in his early time in his pension and he started to move to Bandung. And for the rest I didn't remember how my relationship was going with my father. Maybe only Saturday night cassette's hunting at Sunan Giri Market and occasionally going out for dinner in the restaurant. That's all.

in an ideal world i created in my mind, father should be involved in every step you make in your life. I just realized today that maybe he's too busy and too tired working so he didn't have time to chit chat with his children...

But tonight I had a 90 minutes long chat with him. We talked about everything. I encouraged him to write a book about his experiences as geologist, which I've found very interesting. He's a truly geologist. He'd been out to explore oil and gas sources in may places in Indonesia. I admired him, since he'd been traveling to many cities in Indonesia and all over cities in the world which has geothermal energy. His experiences were really something too valuable if it's not shared to others.

He'd been stayed in Paris, New Zealand, Manila, and Kyushu Japan only to learn about geothermal energy. And there were a lot of happened that he could write it into a series of books.
He'd also been traveling all over the continents just to explore more about geothermal energy, from Auckland to Iceland

He'd also plan to write a children book about geothermal energy. And I was very enthusiast to hear that. I promised myself that his dream has to be come true..

Finally, today in my 34 years of my life, I've something to remember about my father. I've learned about working hard and how to be passionate about what you're doing.

It's never too late to do something meaningful with your parents.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her World

Jam dinding di sebuah pusat kebugaran di selatan kota Jakarta menunjukkan tepat pukul 8 malam. Meskipun udara di dalam studio yoga terasa sangat dingin, Tanya mengelap keringat yang menetes di keningnya. Kaos tipis yang dikenakannya seakan menempel di tubuhnya, basah oleh keringat. Setelah melakukan berbagai pose yoga mulai dari downward-facing dog, plank pose, chaturanga dandasana dan diakhiri dengan salamba sirsasana atau supported headstand , Tanya merasa pikirannya lebih tenang. That's the power of yoga. Seluruh pose yoga seakan dapat merilekskan otot-ototnya sekaligus pikirannya. Sambil berjalan menuju locker room, Tanya membalas sapaan beberapa orang yang telah lama dikenalnya sejak dia menjadi anggota di pusat kebugaran ini. Membuka gembok lockernya, mengambil perlengkapan mandinya, sambil sekilas membaca pesan Andri di smartphonenya. “ Babe, I'll be at coffee shop outside. Meet me when you finish.” Tanya tersenyum, membayangkan pasti sekarang Andri sedang sibuk be

Makan pecel yuuuk....

Pecel Madiun Serpong the famous pecel madiun....hmmmm.... es dawet a.k.a cendol the place can fulfill your passion to shop too Cheers, Dhidie

A piece of Crab from Prawn City

sedikit oleh2 cerita dari kota cirebon. berangkat jam 7 malem sampai jam 2.30 pagi. what a trip. bekal kangen sama anak dan niat reuni SMP yang kuat, sempet dua kali berhenti di rest area, hopeless macet di pantura, muter balik ke arah bandung. Thank's God, arrived safely. cirebon only means two words, food and food. must visit teteup toko Shinta Manisan (ranginang keju dan rambak pedes). must eat foodsnya teteup tahu gejrot dan empal gentong (sumpah ga pake lontong) bonusnya nemu krupuk melarat pake sambel dan otak2 enakplus teh manis tong tji dingin dan mendoan berbumbu kecap. kenyang, puas masih ada Jack POT-nya Fried Rajungan (small crab) di depan toko Shinta, terakhir makan sepuluh tahun yang lalu. yang satu reuni sama temen2nya yang satu reuni sama makanan jaman dulu